Preschool Program Specifics
Preschool program applicants for the 2018-19 school year must be three years old by September 1, 2018.
Parents can choose either a 3-day or a 5-day program for a three year old child:
– The 3-day program is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 to 1:00.
– The 5-day program is Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 1:00.
From age three to five children at Cliff Valley learn through play, exploration, and discovery. Every activity is geared toward enhancing a child’s academic, emotional, social, cognitive, and motor development. We use small group, highly differentiated instruction to ensure students' readiness in math, reading, science, language arts, and social studies. We promote problem-solving skills and encourage creativity, curiosity, self-direction and responsibility. All preschoolers spend time outside every day, explore music, and begin learning Spanish language and culture.
Every activity is geared toward enhancing a child’s academic, emotional, social, cognitive, and motor development.
- Children's existing knowledge and skills
- Building on prior knowledge and expanding current skills
- Relationships and connections between areas of development and learning
- Children's unique learning profiles and patterns of development
- Application of skills to real life situations
- What we know about how children learn
- Designing experiences for children which provide opportunities for depth and understanding in their explorations.
- The innate passion that children have for exploring their world