From age three to five children at Cliff Valley learn through play, exploration, and discovery. Every activity is geared toward enhancing a child’s academic, emotional, social, cognitive, and motor development. We use small group, highly differentiated instruction to ensure students' readiness in math, reading, science, language arts, and social studies. We promote problem-solving skills and encourage creativity, curiosity, self-direction and responsibility. All preschoolers spend time outside every day, explore music, and begin learning Spanish language and culture.
Our curriculum objectives and developmental expectations are based on research, guidelines and standards from sources which include:
- Standards for Developmentally Appropriate Practice, NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children)
- Georgia Early Learning and Pre-Kindergarten Content Standards, Bright from the Start, Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
- Understanding by Design model of curriculum development
- National Reading Panel's findings on early literacy and learning
- Learning theory, longitudinal studies of human development and brain research
- Emergent curriculum models: Reggio Emelia, Project Approach
We offer two options for our pre-kindergarten program: a full-day class and a half-day class. The program embeds literacy, language, and math activities into a rich curriculum that takes into account the interests of the children in the classroom.